I would like to wish everyone a Happy King’s Day. It is officially the start of carnival season!
I would like to invite you, your family, and friends to come experience Mardi Gras in Slidell. Grab your lawn chairs, ice chests and king cakes and head on out to the parade route to enjoy all the parades rolling through Slidell:
- Friday, Feb. 3, 6:30 p.m. – Krewe of Titans (Friday date only for 2023)
- Saturday, Feb. 4, 6 p.m. – Krewe of Poseidon
- Sunday, Feb. 5, 1 p.m. – Krewe of Antheia
- Saturday, Feb. 11, 10 a.m. – Krewe De Paws
- Sunday, Feb. 12, 1 p.m. – Krewe of Dionysus
- Friday, Feb. 17, 6:30 p.m. – Krewe of Selene
I am proud that so many families choose to celebrate Mardi Gras season here in Slidell. It’s great to see so many smiling faces of family, friends, and neighbors along the parade route. I ask that everyone be respectful and help us maintain the family-friendly environment that people enjoy in Slidell. Please remember that city ordinances prohibit the presence of animals along the parade route. The use of silly string, streamers, fireworks, and other explosive devices are also restricted. It is important that we all work together to have a fun and safe carnival season.
Come enjoy the best that Slidell has to offer during Mardi Gras season. Laissez les bons temps rouler!