http://myslidell.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Spring-in-Olde-Towne-Colleen-Marquis-copy.jpeg 1260 2442 Alex Carolllo http://myslidell.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/City-Seal-vector-graphic-CMYK-2-inch-300x300.png Alex Carolllo2023-04-06 14:25:172023-04-14 14:22:19Arts Evening highlights arts, entertainment, shopping and dining in Olde Towne Slidell
After consulting with several weather sources, speaking with the US National Weather Service New Orleans Louisiana, and talking with many of the bands, artists and Olde Towne business owners, we have made the decision to postpone Arts Evening 2023. This is due to the almost 90% chance of severe thunderstorms (with lightning, wind gusts and possible hail) forecast for Saturday night.
This was not an easy choice to make, and there are many factors to consider. Number one is public safety and our concern for the artists, bands and businesses who will be setting up and preparing for Arts Evening in the middle of a thunderstorm.
The Slidell Big Shot: Zulu 2023 Big Shot Meets Slidell Royalty Mardi Gras Costume Exhibit opening reception will continue as planned on Saturday, April 15, from 5 to 7 p.m. at 2065 Second Street next to Slidell City Hall in Olde Towne. Please join us!
As for the Arts Evening plans, we will shift over all of the artists and bands to White Linen and Lagniappe on Saturday, August 12. Please save the date and we hope that you will be able to join us!
Slidell Mayor Greg Cromer invites you to join the City Slidell for the 29th annual Arts Evening on Saturday, April 15, from 5 to 9 p.m. in Olde Towne Slidell.
One of the largest cultural festivals on the Northshore, Arts Evening features over 50 artists displaying their works at over 30 locations in Olde Towne Slidell. In addition to the artwork, there will be live entertainment; antique, boutique and unique shopping; fine and casual dining and surprises on every corner of Olde Towne. Admission is free.
“Arts Evening is one of Olde Towne’s biggest nights, and I invite you to bring your family and friends to Olde Towne and join us for a great night of art and entertainment in Slidell,” said Slidell Mayor Greg Cromer. “I would like to thank all of the Olde Towne restaurants and businesses who participate during this event.”
The festivities kick-off at 5 p.m. with the opening of the “Slidell’s Big Shot: Zulu Big Shot 2023 Meets Slidell Royalty” Mardi Gras costume exhibit at 2065 Second Street, next to Slidell City Hall. The exhibit will feature costumes worn by Terrance McGuire, the 2023 Zulu Big Shot and a Slidell resident, and Zulu memorabilia. Mardi Gras costumes worn by Slidell Mardi Gras royalty will also be on display.
Artists will be displaying their works at many locations throughout Olde Towne:
- Borchert Law at Notting Hill: John Paul Duet, Elsa Baker, Barbara Shaw, Len Heatherly, and Solange Ledwith with Swamp Girl Glass
- Dellsperger Studio: Connor Carollo
- Green Oaks Apothecary: Eva Eaton, Amanda Douglas with Amanda Douglas Designs, Tristen Rolling with Swamp Sprouts, Jessica Moody, Jordan Smith, Jessica Little, Jena Smith Pendarvis, David Guastella with David Guastella Art, Nancy Gaines with Backyard Pottery, Mandi Jackson with Henna By Mandi, Ty Anderson, Crimzen Hart with CrimZen, Sharon Winstine with Bayou Rose Designs, Amber Ryan, Brittany & Maleigh Ballard with Bee & Lee, Stephanie Caranna with Indigo Graffiti Designs, Anita Van-Scooter Westmoland with Rock Candy, Tee Cee with Cultivating Culture, and Ashley Faciane with Heal.th.eory
- Heidelberg’s Bar: Frankie Muller, David Schmit
- Lowry-Dunham, Case & Vivien: Oksana Fogg, Nell Landry, Amelia Mimms, Martin Needom, Katie Case, Charlotte Collins, Colleen Marquis, and William Blackwell
- Olde Towne Hatchet House: Tiffany Neal
- Roots, Plants & Coffee: Deborah Thompson and Pete Karzenzia
- Slidell City Hall Community Meeting Room: Andree’ Maduell, Kevin Walgamotte, Jerry Speer
- Slidell Cultural Center at City Hall: Salad Days Juried Exhibition of Student Art
There will be plenty of live entertainment throughout Olde Towne Slidell:
- 8Track from 5 to 7 p.m. at Slidell City Hall
- Band of Brothers from 5 to 9 p.m. at the corner of Cousin and First streets
- Missi and Ray (from Witness) from 7 to 9 p.m. at the corner of Erlanger and First streets
- Northshore Community Orchestra Jazz Ensemble from 5 to 7 p.m. on First Street by Green Oaks Apothecary
- Ozone Music Songwriters Showcase from 5 to 9 p.m. at the corner of Robert and First streets
- Sara, Jim and Jeff from 5 to 7 p.m. on First Street by Pontchartrain Investment Management
- Uke Box Hereauxs from 5 to 7 p.m. on First Street by Dellsperger Studio
Food and drinks will be available for purchase at many of Olde Towne’s finest establishments, including
- Bistro 55
- Brass Monkey
- Electric Avenue
- The Maple Room
- Old Town Soda Shop
- Olde Towne Hatchet House
- Olde Towne Pizza
- Restaurant Cotè
- Roots Plants and Coffee
- Tacos and Beer
- Whiskey and Ashe
For more information about Arts Evening, call the department of Cultural Affairs at (985) 646-4375 or visit MySlidell.com. A digital brochure with more information will be posted several days before the event.